This past week the kids & I got to go camping @ Zion National Park with a whole bunch of family. We had a wonderful time hanging out going for walks and getting dirty in the great out doors. :)
There was enough shade so that none of my family got burnt really. Zion enjoyed seeing her name everywhere and playing with 12 of her cousins (mostly the girls about her age:)day in & day out.
Enoch played with Robby (the only other little boy) constantly. He also liked having Lilly follow him around. He so wishes he was a big brother.
I loved spending time with my family. Jake wasn't able to go due to time constraints on getting his thesis done. :(
But you gotta do what ya gotta do.
we also missed having Barton & his family & Trent & his family.
We got to go swimming "hiking" (walking is more like it, when you have a group of 14 kids all under the age of 9 you can only go so far) :)
Wes & Sarah are the only ones that where able to go actual hiking, no kids, go figure.
The kids & I went through the famous tunnel. After watching the video @ the museum there, Enoch said, "we have to go through the tunnel!" So on our way out we went through it twice. Oh yeah, we were the car with everyone screaming so we could hear our echo. hahaha it was a blast. Then we had to stop by a rock store to get some small souvenirs. Zion & Enoch got an arrow head and two polished rocks and a little bottle of colorful rock chips. I had found some cool rocks at the camp sight so I was good. :) We are lad to be home & clean & not stinky! :)
Thank you Mom and Dad for setting up the opportunity for all of us to get together and have some quality time with everyone.:)
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I have NEVER been camping at Zion's. I would love the experience one day. I am glad that you guys told us about this blog! We love you guys!
oh I LOVE the tunnel! It might be more fun than the hiking anyways :) Too bad Jake/teacher/thesis slave/Brother Robertson/whatever I am supposed to call him anymore couldn't go.
Post a Comment