We had a great Halloween.
Zion went as Super-girl & Enoch was a Ninja. I did dress up, or should I say down, I was a lazy mom and wore my sweats, slippers, robe and T-shirt that says, "I should've stayed in bed." :) The kids had a lot of fun trick-or-treating, staying up late and eating lots of candy:) Who wouldn't. At dinner Wes & Sarah stopped by, their costumes where hilarious (two fuzzy dice :) both of my kids couldn't help themselves from banging on them. Sorry Wes & Sarah! :)
At the end of the day we let the kids watch "The great pumpkin" then off to bed.
All in all it was a wonderful night, and the warmest Halloween we've had up here. I actually got hot in my costume, normally we are freezing our butts off.
The next morning however, wasn't so exciting. Zion & Enoch ran to the porch to look at their jack-o-lanterns. Yes we had left them out just like we had the last two Halloweens we have been here with no problems. Our kids ran back to us to tell us about their missing pumpkins. Jake and I found them smashed in the street. The worst part was that only two of our three pumpkins where destroyed and it was Zion's and Enoch's and NOT Jake & mine :{ :(
After some tears and some frustration I was able to calm them down. Then we went out to help clean up smashed pumpkins all down our street. Lots of people got their pumpkins smashed. Our neighbor told us how to make pumpkin pie, so the kids made some cards and I made pie and later that day we took treats to a few other people with kids who got their pumpkins smashed. This made Zion & Enoch feel much happier.
So in the end it was still a good Holiday.
After all November 1st is "all saints day." :)
I hope all of you had a great Halloween!
:)



3 comments:
What a great way to turn a sad situation into a happy one! I LOVE pumpkin pie! (too bad no one else in your family likes it). Great costumes, and may I say what an EXCELLENT pair of dice Sarah and Wes turned out to be.
I am so sorry to read that their pumpkins got smashed. :(
Cori, I think Nov. 1st is YOUR holiday. You are such a saint! You have saved me some major booty with boxes!
Sorry about the pumpkins. You have such a great way of turning bad situations into good ones. You are a great example!
Post a Comment